Whether it be at a BBQ or if you simply fancy a burger on a Friday night, try this healthier option for size! Instead of having low quality, nutritiously-void meat from fast-food chains, go for this option instead. This way, you know exactly what's going into your burger! With great macros to match, you can enjoy your burgers more often and guilt-free!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 300g lean minced beef
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 50g grated carrot
- 1 small onion (grated)
- Small handful of parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 burger buns
- Tomatoes and lettuce to serve
- Heat grill to medium.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, breadcrumbs, carrot, onion parsley and Worcestershire sauce.
- Shape the mixture into 4 burgers and place onto a baking tray.
- Chill them in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Grill the burgers for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked through. Then keep warm.
- Plate up with some with your lettuce, tomato and some sweet potato fries for an extra helping of deliciousness!
Like what you see? Take a look at Geoff's other foodie creations over at www.chefgeofffitness.com!